|(Nearly fully booked) Leader will be Kevin Cliffe. Today we walk from Rhodes to Chiswick via The Kokoda Track. Enjoy an Anzac biscuit.
The Kokoda Track Memorial Walkway has the following spectacular features:
Early exit available.
- Memorial Centrepiece – A striking series of granite walls on which images of the New Guinea Campaign have been sandblasted. Water also forms an integral part of the centrepiece, cascading alongside the granite walls.
- Rainforest Area – Includes a watercourse leading into a pond overlooking the Parramatta River.
- Rose Garden Entry Area – A peaceful and beautiful entrance, which features rose clad pergolas and two circular memorial walls amongst beds of roses.
- Stations – The stations are places of significance in the New Guinea Campaign where important battles were fought or events occurred. There are a total of 22 stations along the track (including the rose garden and memorial centrepiece).
- Mangrove Boardwalk – Timber walkways into the mangroves providing a feel for the vegetation in New Guinea.
- Information Centre – Audio visual hospitality centre providing “living history” of the New Guinea Campaign.
- Public Walkway – an 800 metre paved walkway linking Rhodes Station to Concord Hospital.
Location: Rhodes station, Brays Bay, Rocky Point and Rhodes station Limit: 16.