Leader contact details and activity meeting details are hiden. Members please log in for full details.
|6 Jan, Fri 10:01AM||Short summer walks: Cooper Park|
|(DRAFT - do not publish yet) Cooper Park is a large bushland reserve with many walking tracks and recreational facilities available. Cooper Park's worth as a recreation area was recognised as far back as 1885 when the Government was asked to purchase land from the Cooper Estate for recreational purposes. It was not until 1913 that Sir William Cooper agreed to give the whole of the gully from Victoria Road, Bellevue Hill to Manning Road, Double Bay to the Council as a park. Subsequent additions over the years have brought the Park up to its present area of 38 acres (15 ha.) The creek running through the Park is largely natural and follows the line of a volcanic dyke of the Jurassic age while the hillsides support a wide variety of native trees and shrubs. Development over the years included extensive walking tracks/paths, with shelter sheds built and picnic areas laid out. View|